Clinical Leaders in Traumatic Brain Injury Field Gather in Forum to Exchange Ideas and Information
Shepherd Center will be hosting The 2016 Traumatic Brain Injury Model Systems Leadership Forum: Collaborative Partnerships for Best Practice April 13-16, 2016
The 2016 Traumatic Brain Injury Model Systems Leadership Forum: Collaborative Partnerships for Best Practice is being hosted by Shepherd Center on April 13-16, 2016. Conference attendees will represent 19 of 21 current and formerly funded Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Model Systems.
The Traumatic Brain Injury Model Systems Leadership Forum is an opportunity for clinical leaders from facilities across the United States to gather to exchange administrative, clinical, research, and educational ideas and information related to TBI and rehabilitation. The Forum seeks to enhance TBI rehabilitation services on a national level through participation of member centers’ representatives serving in leadership, program development or administrative roles.
The Forum encourages participant continuity from year to year, thereby strengthening networking potential and ensuring progression toward stated goals. Invitees are limited to staff who hail from TBI Model Systems who are currently or formerly funded by National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR).
- Carolinas Rehabilitation/Carolinas HealthCare System
- Indiana University/Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana
- JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
- Mayo Clinic Traumatic Brain Injury Model System
- Moss TBI Model System
- New York Traumatic Brain Injury Model System (Mt. Sinai and NYU)
- North Texas Traumatic Brain Injury Model System (Baylor)
- Northern California Traumatic Brain Injury Model System (Santa Clara Valley Medical Center)
- Northern New Jersey Traumatic Brain Injury System (Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation)
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Rocky Mountain Regional Brain Injury System (Craig Hospital)
- Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Shepherd Center
- Southeastern Michigan Traumatic Brain Injury System (Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan)
- Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
- The Institute for Rehabilitation and Research
- The Ohio Regional Traumatic Brain Injury Model System (OSU – Dodd Hall)
- The Virginia Commonwealth TBI Model System
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Traumatic Brain Injury Care System
- University of Miami/Miller School of Medicine (Jackson Health System)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- University of Washington Traumatic Brain Injury Model System (UW and Harborview Medical Center)
Shepherd Center provides world-class clinical care, research, and family support for people experiencing the most complex conditions, including spinal cord and brain injuries, multi-trauma, multiple amputations, stroke, multiple sclerosis, and pain. Ranked by U.S. News as one of the nation’s top 10 hospitals for rehabilitation and the best in the Southeast, Shepherd Center treats more than 850 inpatients and 7,600 outpatients annually with unmatched expertise and unwavering compassion to help them begin again.